MASS is seeking a full-time Designer to join our team in Santa Fe, NM. We are a mission-driven design collective that approaches architecture with an interdisciplinary focus on improving people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and human dignity, and design towards a regenerative building culture that advances economic, social, and environmental justice from the scale of a building to the scale of a system. With nearly 130 staff located around the world, our work has expanded to include projects in over 20 countries with a portfolio of design services that spans architectural design, master planning, landscape architecture, engineering, construction, furniture design, and strategic planning.
Our work in the Santa Fe Studio focuses primarily on technical capacity building, community engagement, affordable and supportive housing as well as other catalytic infrastructure in Native and non-Native communities of the American West. Our projects are located both here in Northern New Mexico and throughout North America. The Santa Fe Studio is also home to the Sustainable Native Communities Design Lab which focuses on closing the housing gap in Indian Country by researching, designing, training, and advocating for culturally-appropriate design and construction approaches. On any given day we may find ourselves leading national conversations on Indigenous design, facilitating community conversations with stakeholders of our local partners, and then enjoying green chile (or red!) on our enchiladas.
The ideal candidate has:
- 2-5 years of experience
- A professional degree in architecture
- Excellence in design iteration and visual communication
- Experience coordinating architectural drawing sets
- Ability to communicate across a broad group of stakeholders including senior staff, subconsultants, partners/clients and the communities they service
- Ability and interest in technical grant writing for business and philanthropic development
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Suite, Lumion and Revit.
Additional experience and/or interest in working with Native Communities, affordable housing, and business development are all also desired but not required.